Wednesday, October 8, 2008

baa ha ba

Day 5 in Maine... Today we wandered around Bar Harbor and just took it easy.

For lunch, we went back to Michelle's Brown Bag Cafe. I got the smoked turkey, mango red pepper chutney and brie panini. Mmm! Sam got the gorgonzola slaw with his Acadian -- homemade chicken salad, sliced apple, baby greens, tomato, sprouts and crumbled gorgonzola... "Not as good as it sounds."

I wish I could speak whale...

Who invited this guy??

We decided to return to the sandbar to get an "after" pic of high tide to compare to our low tide pics from the other day. However, as you can see, when we arrived the sandbar was almost still fully in tact.

Tide pool

The tide started coming in more and more rapidly, and to our delight we were able to watch as the sea reclaimed the land right before our eyes. Highlight of the day.

Damn cruise ships...

Plantya Punch at Poor Boy's

We had Caramel Caribou last night at CJ's Big Dipper -- toffee ice cream with mini chocolate-covered caramels. It was good! Tonight we had Girl Scouts Gone Wild at Mt Desert Island Ice Cream -- chocolate ice cream with ground up thin mint cookies.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for doing this every day. I feel like I am there with you. No more lobster for you then? Did you see any whales? When I move there and open a B&B, y'all are welcome any time. I love "Baa ha ba" lol By the way, did you get "Mrs Yall?" It is supposed to mean "Miss yall" lol Corny, I know.

chez caesar said...

Sam had lobster bisque tonight at Poor Boy's, a place that Sandy recommended. We still have other places and other things we want to try, so not sure if we'll be encountering anymore lobsta.

Oh, I thought you meant "misses y'all"... Close enough, I guess?

Lynn said...

I agree with Angel. I will know all about your vacation before you get home, lol. I check everyday to see the new pics. I would have never thought to go to Maine on vacation, but what a beautiful place to visit. So different from being here. Have a good Day! Lynn

Anonymous said...

Oh, hey, Lynn. I didn't know that was you!

chez caesar said...

@kalyn... A year ago I didn't know anything about Maine. And then I read something, and it all sparked from there. And here I am! Just take caution if you're thinking of doing the whale watch!