Friday, July 25, 2008

welcome to philadelphia

Upon setting out for our first evening in this great historic city, we went straightaway down the pub for some traditional Irish pub food.

Bangers and mash! Shepherd's pie... Fish and chips... Proper food. Cheers to Fadó!

Wait... Waiter, there's a wee gnome in my shepherd's pie. :)

All the doors were propped open at the pub, so we felt a part of the street activity flowing near us, always an exciting part of a big city.

A few blocks from the pub was the Academy of Music. We headed there next to see Eddie Izzard perform live. The theatre was beautiful and Eddie was terribly funny.

splendor in the carpet







We're in Philly!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How pretty was that theater where you saw Eddie!! cough Those bangers and mash look mighty delish! You know I love the food shots. Sorry I haven't looked at this sooner. I have been out all week with Sam :0

Anonymous said...

awesome Eddie! I love him, looks like you guys had fun. I NEED to see him one day, darnit. You guys are going to start taking me with you to these places eventually. lol